[CQ-Contest] CQWW - are signal reports optional?

Bob Naumann - N5NJ n5nj at gte.net
Tue Nov 26 17:58:33 EST 2002

The fact that almost no-one sends other than 599, no matter what the circumstance, can I think be blamed on K1EA, since CT led the way with computer logging and it doesn't let you log anything but 599 as the sent exchange.

<<

Dave,

I'm not sure how long you've been around, but I know that long before the PC was invented, we had "5NN T5" programmed into memory keyers sending the same exchange.  Never mind that the CQ Log Sheets had space for other than a 599 report, we never sent a different one anyway.

K1EA likely recognized that no one ever sent other than 5NN, so why complicate things?  He certainly didn't start this revolution.

Maybe WB4VVF is to blame?  (Any other OT's remember that callsign?)

N5NJ