[CQ-Contest] PT5A

James Neiger n6tj at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 26 16:36:47 EST 2002

As our PT5A CQ CW M/M team members return home to USA and Finland, we wish
to thank all we worked, especially those who helped contribute to our 66
countries on Top Band in the contest. An amazing feat by Jeff K1ZM, from so
very far away from everywhere, and excellent antenna construction by the
PT5A team.

And we are very proud to say that we were able to develop our score WITHOUT
the use of packet.  I guess our old ears still work and that a DX CONTEST
may still sometimes represent actual DXing.

Many thanks to our very special Brazilian hosts, Sergio PP5JR/ZX5J and Oms
PY5EG, and the great group of Brazilian ham friends there in Southern Brazil
that contributed to our mutual success, in so many ways.

In closing, most of you are probably unaware that Oms had major surgery 10
days ago, and is now recovering, very well, at home.  Many of you know Oms
personally, and the major contributions he has made to contesting, and
especially in South America.  I'm sure Oms would welcome a "get well soon
note" from any so inclined:

              py5eg at inepar.com.br

And I hope to hear you all from Ascension Island next week, including ARRL
10 and perhaps some 6 meters, for those so interested.

Vy 73 - from the PT5A grupo,

Jim Neiger N6TJ