[CQ-Contest] CQWW - are signal reports optional?

Bob Patten n4bp at netzero.net
Wed Nov 27 14:51:10 EST 2002

Bob Naumann - N5NJ wrote:
> Brett,
>
> I think that either your feeble old memory or mine has mixed up the capabilities of other keyers with the accu memory.
>
> There was an Accu-Memory II that was only available in a commercial version that may have had features such as this, but I don't believe that the original was that sophisticated.
>
> I thought that such pauses for input were started in keyers such as the venerable KC Keyer and some from AEA.

I used to build the Accu-Keyers to sell (even sold a CMOS version), and
also built three or four of the Accu-Memories.  If my feeble old mind
remembers correctly, you could pause for any length of time while you
were programming it to make a word space, and then continue.  Maybe
that's what Brett is thinking of?
Loved to watch that digital display while it was playing back.  :-)

--
73,     Bob Patten, N4BP                Plantation, FL

E-Mail: n4bp at netzero.net                Website: http://www.qsl.net/n4bp
QRP ARCI #3412    SOC #1    ARS #799    Whiners #6   FISTS #7871