[CQ-Contest] November SS Sunday Afternoon

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Wed Oct 9 11:20:56 EDT 2002

In a message dated 10/9/2002 12:25:51 PM Greenwich Standard Time,
tdm1 at bignet.net writes:

> We all know newly licensed, less active, or good non-contest operators. Why
> not encourage them to start on Sunday, calling CQ at about 050-060 on each
> band, or just inside the Novice bands, at their own speed? Even better,
> some can make this a club or group learning effort, with an experienced
> operator helping the new/casual operators in real time, making contacts,
> managing pileups, or working S&P. Everybody wins.

Ted,

I think this is an excellent idea.  It will need serious "marketing",
however, to get the word out to get sufficient participation.  I'd suggest
that club newsletters carry the idea to their members.  It would also be good
if the ARRL could encourage it, perhaps in their weekly ARRL Letter when
pitching SS.

73, Geo...

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC