[CQ-Contest] New Contest Logging System

Dale L Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Thu Oct 31 13:35:09 EST 2002

Due to the increasing difficulty, cost, resources, and time computers are
causing in amateur radio contesting, our club has determined there is a need
to economize and simplify.

Therefore, the goal is to remove all computers from amateur radio contesting
by Dec. 31, 2002.

Instead, everyone will need to purchase an Etch-A-Sketch for contest
logging.

There are many sound reasons for doing this:

1. No software problems; Everyone will be using the same system.
2. No technical glitches causing lost logs.
3. No more wasted time reading and writing emails or playing solitaire when
you should be CQ'ing or S&P'ing mults.

 Frequently Asked Questions for Etch-A-Sketch Technical Support:

Q: My Etch-A-Sketch has all of these funny little lines all over the
screen.