[CQ-Contest] Feeding Antenna Arrays

Victor Dively kg4htt at juno.com
Wed Sep 11 02:14:37 EDT 2002

I have a question about arrays - I read about phasing details, but I
haven't seen anything about current distribution.  Since an array depends
on equal current getting to all the antennas, how (if at all) do you
ensure that all antennas are receiving equal amounts of current?  After
all, if one antenna is 1.5:1 on a frequency, and the other antennas are
at 1.2:1 on the same frequency, it would appear that the current will
flow the most towards the antennas with the best match, and upset the
expected radiation patterns for the array.

I thought contesters may have the most experience with HF arrays...  Any
information  or pointers to sources of information on the topic of
correctly feeding arrays would be appreciated.... I'm hoping to have
something better set up for CQWW this fall....

73,
Vic KG4HTT