[CQ-Contest] Traveling with a HF Rig

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Fri Sep 20 23:45:49 EDT 2002

I travelled through Tampa and San Juan to Dominica and back in July with an
IC-756 in my carry on.  No problem, although I was asked about it, and in
Tampa they padded it with one of those little white pads that cks for
explosives.  The radio was wrapped in bubble wrap and taped shut.  I was not
even asked to unwrap it.

The new Transportation Security Authority people are now on duty as the
checkers, so maybe they will  have a diff procedure.  I am going on the same
trip in Nov, and plan to take the rig the same as before.

73, Geo...

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC
941-312-9450