[CQ-Contest] Headset Mic vs. Boom Mic

Dennis Ponsness wb0wao at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 30 09:21:45 EDT 2002

Well, I have had good luck in the past with getting excellent advice here,
so I thought I would put this one out...

I am setting up my "contest station" which will be for "semi-serious"
contesting.  I know that using the standard hand mic with my rig is not the
most optimum setup - kinda hard to log at the same time.  Mainly I S&P, but
have been known to do (or at least attempt to do) a run.  I will be using a
foot switch for PTT of course, but I am debating whether to use a headset
mic or a boom mic.  What are the advantages/disadvantages to each?  They
cost roughly the same, so that isn't a factor here, I just want to get the
one that I will be the most useful for my particular needs.

TNX es 73

Dennis - WB0WAO