[CQ-Contest] Guest OPS

Ron Notarius WN3VAW wn3vaw at fyi.net
Tue Apr 1 16:45:57 EST 2003

Sean,

IMHO:

If your father had no part in your actual operating, ie you operated solo,
then you're SO.  To me, "guest op" means that someone other than the
licensee used the station -- with his permission, of course!

Which call to use?  I don't think the FCC has a preference anymore, so long
as they can track down the operator if needed.

What privileges do you operate under?  Yours.  To operate on your father's
Extra additional frequencies implies that he is present as a control
operator (as per FCC R&R) which implies M/S.  (Could you get away with it,
if you used his call?  Of course, who'd know?  But you have more ethics than
THAT, so we don't need to worry about it)

Is this a flaw in the contest rules?  I don't think so; I don't think we
need to have every single possible contingency outlined to the last detail
in the contest rules, just apply some oxymoronic common sense.

Hope you had fun!  I got about 15 QSO's squeezed in before I had to
dismantle the shack this weekend, which was the best I could do!

73, ron wn3vaw

"There must be some mistake.  The Pirates in first? QRM on my end,
probably."
--John W3ULS (and there's no QRM, either)