[CQ-Contest] Unsportsmanlike conduct

Ron Notarius WN3VAW wn3vaw at fyi.net
Tue Apr 1 16:51:52 EST 2003

If someone chooses to decline to work certain stations out of political
protest, well, that's his loss.  But that in and of itself does not strike
me as "unsportsmanlike conduct."  His loss.

It does say something that they would use a most inappropriate forum (ie the
contest) to make a political statement of this nature, a "feel good" protest
that only hurts innocent people (other contesters), be it directly or
indirectly.  It has no impact on The Powers That Be and if brought to the
attention of said Powers would be ignored and/or laughed at.  But it made
the op feel good.

In other words, it's not unsportsmanlike to be a schmuck.  So it goes.

73, ron wn3vaw

"There must be some mistake.  The Pirates in first? QRM on my end,
probably."
--John W3ULS (and there's no QRM, either)