[CQ-Contest] TS850S Question

Dave Hachadorian k6ll at juno.com
Mon Apr 7 14:53:24 EDT 2003

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 12:49:52 -0400 <ku8e at bellsouth.net> writes:
>  Hi,
>  Anyone know where I can get 12 volts from one of the din plugs on 
> the back of
> a Kenwood TS850S to power something like an external keyer ??? I 
> know there is
> a modification you can do to make another keyer jack so you can key 
> with both the computer and use the internal keyer at the same time. 
> I just don't want to do this right now. The manual says the remote 
> jack has +12v on one of the 
> pins but that's only on transmit...

One of the pins on ACC4 has 12vdc at 3 amps. The schematic
conflicts with the detailed wiring diagram, so I can't tell
if it is pin 4 or pin 6. The current is limited by the small
automotive-style fuse on the back of the radio.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

More information about the CQ-Contest mailing list