[CQ-Contest] Logging software and band output

Noah Lorang NoahLorang at nc.rr.com
Mon Aug 4 13:36:26 EDT 2003

Sending this to the two lists most likely to know something.

I have an IC-745 and run Logger (16 bit version) and CT for normal and
contest logging, respectively. The IC-745 outputs certain voltages through
it's accessory port depending on what band is selected, designed to
interface with linear amplifiers or antenna tuners.

My question is this: is there a hardware interface I can construct to
translate those voltages into something that either of those two programs
can read (CT, hopefully)? I only operate one mode per contest, so the only
thing I have to switch when I QSY is the band, but it'd be nice if the
software could automatically change bands when the rig does.

The 745 is NOT a computer controllable rig, so this kind of feature isn't
built in a way that can connect directly to a computer.

Anyone have any way of accomplishing the above? Or, really ambitious,
anyone modified the 745 enough to accept computer control? Anyone know of
any antenna tuners that will tune based on band output?

Noah