[CQ-Contest] Vicious CQWW Virus

K4SB k4sb at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 21 18:01:13 EDT 2003

> > > I recently received email from somebody identified as "DXCC Robot" and
> > > containing a very suspicious looking attachment.  The actual email address
> > > was unreplyable at mail.ru.  The message body began as follows:
> > >
> > > "Thank you for your participation in the CQ WW contest. Your electronic

Well, normally, I leave this subject alone, but a couple of questions
here.

1. Why in the world would anyone receive a message from the DXCC Robot
concerning a
CQ contest.

2. And why in the world would anyone think CQ is using a .ru address?
That's a Russian address, and 99% probability fake.

3. The ARRL robot ALWAYS puts the discrepancies in the text of the
email.

Just THINK about what you see.

73
Ed