[CQ-Contest] Re: New program to analyze passes in a Cabrillo log

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Wed Dec 3 08:32:21 EST 2003

Chris Terkla, N1XS reported that the program doesn't work in a DOS box under
Windows XP.  Hmmm, I may have compiled it wrong (it's not something I can
easily test, since it works on my PC either way).  If you get an error like
"Cannot run program in DOS mode", don't worry about it -- I'll fix it tonight.
Sorry about the trouble.

At least two people have asked me what a "pass" was.  I thought this was
standard contest jargon like "multiplier" and "busted call".  Anyway, a pass is
when you work a station and ask him/her to QSY to another band or mode for a
needed QSO or multiplier.

73 - Jim AD1C

--- Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> I wrote a short program which attempts to locate passed QSOs in a Cabrillo
> log.  You can download it from:
>
>          http://www.k1ea.com/utilities/pass.zip
>
> The program will only run in a DOS window on Win 95/98/NT/2K/XP, it will
> not work in ordinary DOS. I'll see what I can do this weekend about fixing
> it.

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC