[CQ-Contest] Re: Dupes

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Dec 4 16:55:29 EST 2003

At 06:02 PM 12/4/03 +0000, Dr K Kerr wrote:
>Hi Jim,
>If I am getting a lot of dupe calls I ask myself:
>
>Is there a bum spot out on me on the cluster?
>Am I unintelligible....crap signal, sending too fast?
>Am I not signing often enough?
>
>I worked CT9L, dunno if it was you ever as op when I did, and I cannot
>answer any of the above questions!!

If I'm not rare, then when I'm duped by someone the first question I ask
myself is "Did he think he was working somebody else?  Was the timing just
a little off, or the frequency, or can I hear someone he might have worked
instead of me."  Sometimes, admittedly, I don't ask that when the first guy
dupes me, but if I suddenly get a flurry, especially on the high bands...

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated December 2.
2541 stations are listed -- 72 new and over 100 updated.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm