[CQ-Contest] Packet/Dx summit spots

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mb.sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 4 19:39:43 EST 2003

Hi,

I have to side with TTT on this one.

People have to understand that not everybody in a contest has the same
propagation as they: a G on 75 is pretty mundane for an east coaster. A G on
75 can be a once-in-a-susnpot-cycle rarity for us. If you're playing in a
class that permits spot-watching, chasing these kinds of spots can add rare
mults to your 75 m total. Even on 40 meters Europe is not a sure thing from
here. On 160, you're damn lucky if you can work a Floridian, never mind a
CO2.

And, as David says, what's not a new mult for one is a new mult for another.
Who's to be the judge of what's a new mult for me other than me?

I guess the key is this: if you don't like packet clutter, run unassisted.

73, kelly
ve4xt