[CQ-Contest] RE: My Friend Spotted me

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Fri Dec 5 16:00:50 EST 2003

At 09:56 PM 12/4/03 -0800, Leigh S. Jones wrote:
>We can see a pattern of "my friend
>spotted me" type abuses, even clear instances of "friends"
>who are seen to be hiding their true identities while spotting,
>but can't clearly distinguish between "friends" spotting and
>organized and extensive "friends" spotting or self-spotting.

This may be, but doesn't hiding your identity suggest that the person doing
it believes he's doing something wrong?  These, above all, deserve to be
exposed.  Unfortunately, it may take a total restructuring of the Internet
to provide the information to do that, for all the reasons Leigh suggests.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated December 2.
2541 stations are listed -- 72 new and over 100 updated.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm