[CQ-Contest] ARRL 160 & DX Particpation

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 8 11:31:26 EST 2003

   I think the ARRL 160 - along with ARRL DX was designed to put the focus on
  DX stations to work the USA/VE for awards such as WAS etc... I see nothing
  wrong with that - we have contests such as WAE - that you work all EU or
  the All-Asia where you work only JA/Asia and no one complains about their
  rules. I think allowing DX to DX contacts would be a bad thing because the EU
  stations work basically work each other and the QRM would be so bad that very
  few would work many USA stations...

   I can relate to the frustration of the DX stations because I have been on
 the DX end for ARRL 160 before... but I would tell them that if you are more
 interested in working DX on 160 then plan your trip for the CQWW 160 CW at the
 end of January....

                           Jeff KU8E