[CQ-Contest] Sprint date change - I am NOT HAPPY

Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO) frugoli at worldlinkisp.com
Thu Dec 11 15:57:07 EST 2003

I have to say I agree with Scott.  My family understands my interest and =
commitment to operating contests, and is willing to be somewhat flexible.=
  I'm not a sprint operator, but WWCW is a good example.  We had lots of =
family around for thanksgiving, but since I had made the commitment clear=
 long before thanksgiving that I wanted to operate seriously in WWCW, we =
let all the family know they had to leave on Friday (my wife is pregnant =
with our 2nd child and she was in no mood to be chasing around our toddle=
r and entertaining inlaws solo all in the same weekend!).  However, she w=
as willing to accomodate my contesting, even though she really wanted to =
have family around all weekend. =20

The ability to plan in advance is very important for many of us, I would =
hope contest organizers will keep that in mind.

73 de Al, KE1FO