[CQ-Contest] Contest computer - here's what I did

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Fri Dec 12 06:59:51 EST 2003

At 01:08 AM 12/12/03 +0000, K0HB wrote:
>This seems to me to be the most painless way of making this transition for
>folks who have a similar situation to mine.  Just buy one new box and a
>switch, set it down beside your old one, and tie them together, with no
>need to disturb your old 'logging computer' in any fashion.  What could be
>simpler?

Just a couple of cautions from my own hard experience.  Don't buy a
mechanical KVM switch, even though that may seem like the least expensive
solution, and don't try to move a hard drive from one machine to another
and expect the operating system and applications to work because "it all
worked together before."  The registry problems will turn your hair white,
what you have left after pulling most of it out.

73, Pete N4ZR
Happy Holidays
Check out the World HF Contest Station Database at
  www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm