[CQ-Contest] Help w/ Logging

David A. Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Tue Dec 16 18:10:08 EST 2003

At 05:44 AM 12/16/03 +0000, Rex Maner wrote:
>I logged 4 Q's with WA. stations on SSB but only desire a CW Only entry.
>
>Should I leave them in the Log with a note, or remove them and send a
>second log with those 4 Q's.

Here's the official word from the logcheckers:

For the ARRL 10M Contest, the CATEGORY field in your Cabrillo file
establishes your category.  Any out-of-category QSOs will not be credited
to your score.  So in Rex's case, he should send the entire log and the
four SSB QSOs will not be included in his score.  These WILL, however be
used to cross check the logs of the SSB stations he worked, so they will
not get NIL'd.

We used to let our software determine the category, but there were enough
"hey, I worked a few of my buddies on the opposite mode" cases that this
was the answer to support them.

Everyone should check their Cabrillo file to be sure the correct category
is indicated, particularly with mixed mode entries.

Dave/K8CC