[CQ-Contest] The good headphones for contest

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Fri Dec 19 07:44:56 EST 2003

My current favorites for CW are a pair of Koss UR-15s that I got at Radio
Shack, in a combination pack with a pair of in-ear Koss phones, for $15
total.  They are very light, cover my whole ear, and are comfortable for
extended periods.  They are a little less sensitive than most, and of
course your radio should have some sort of high frequency roll-off, as with
any stereo HiFi phones, or the band noise will be very tiring.  A couple of
2 uf caps to ground inside the plug can do the job if you need a way to add
that (thanks K2UA).

73, Pete N4ZR