[CQ-Contest] The good headphones for contest

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Fri Dec 19 10:09:10 EST 2003

Sony headphones are generally well-built and sturdy, even if they don't
look like it.  I worked in a Sony authorized electronics repair shop once
and got a lot of experience with them.

The MDR-CD series are high-fidelity headphones meant for use with CD
players.  $20 is a decent price for them.

73, Zack W9SZ

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Dale L Martin wrote:

> A couple of years ago, a pair of Radio Shack headphones I had been using
> broke and no amount of epoxy seemed to be able to keep them together.  While
> in the local Walgreen's (drug store), I noticed an audio accessories display
> near the film lab.  I found a pair of Sony headphones (over the ear) for
> $20, MDR-CD60.

[snip]