[CQ-Contest] FT-920 or IC-746pro

Dennis O'Connor doconnor at chartermi.net
Mon Feb 3 17:06:49 EST 2003

If you want a radio to operate with as opposed to a radio to brag about, I strongly suggest that you find an FT990 in good condition... I have a MKV and an FT990 (among a bunch of other rigs) and I find that I often turn on the 990 as opposed to the MKV... Wth the crystal filters the 990 is selective, has good ears, and has great keying...  It has enough DSP for those tight situations without having so many damn screens and options that you need a second operator just to keep the radio programmed...
And, you will have money left over for antennas :)

Cheers  ...  Denny