[CQ-Contest] 24 sub contest category

Chuck discreetly_confidential at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 4 13:18:44 EST 2003

Seems to me that if this category encourages more
people to participate then it achieves a great
goal that ALL the groups want - more folks to
participate.

>From this goal you will find people who want to
participate but due to the emphasis seeming to
them to be 'go the full ironman 48 hour route' to
be considered a REAL part of the teams or just be
casual many folks tend not to be too enthused
about it.

hardcore/dedicated folks will do the iron man
route, regardless.

However, if you give folks a reasonable and
appropriate category (and 24 hours is a good time
period) they will operate and most likely a
majority of them will move on to try the next
level which is the 48 hour period.

Just like the Novice license was a stepping stone
with its OWN subcategories for newbies and
inactivebies to get into the game before moving
to 'the big time', so the 24  hr category
provides that fertile ground.

To use an old analogy of gardening, Pete has
suggested a way to prepare a pretty good plot of
ground for seeds to be planted within. Let's get
it ready and see what kinds of seeds we can
plant.

Just one hams 24.5 cents thoughts.

73
Chuck k3FT