[CQ-Contest] Categorically Speaking...

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Feb 6 09:43:17 EST 2003

At 11:15 AM 2/6/03 +0200, Timo wrote:
>Very good point. In 48hr format contest new 24hr category could mean LESS
>activity.
>Also more and more classes usually means more and more meaningless
>classes, just check IOTA Contest rules ("pick right category and win!").

I'm a little skeptical.  If you assume that the 24-hour entrants who
otherwise would have operated more hours would select their hours
carefully, then it seems plausible to me that the folks who step up their
hours to 24 would more than make up for the loss of off-peak operating by
the others.  However, who's to know unless we try it?

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 1 Feb 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm