[CQ-Contest] Categorically Speaking

Ken Adams K5KA k5ka at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 6 18:48:51 EST 2003

Let's don't VOTE on anything .... let's operate!

Dave, N2NL said:  ... and I'll vote for him.

 >Down the road, when the contesting community has aged
 >another 10 years, will we be arguing for a 12 hour
 >category?  Probably...

I'll be the first to admit that there is no way I could
do 48 hours.   At this stage of the game the 24 hours of
SS is about all I can handle.   So be it.   I still have
fun.

 >Set your own goals.  Compete against friends in your
 >own made-up class.  Have fun.

BULLSEYE !!  Heck, even if you have to work during the
contest, why not have a friendly 8 hour match with your
buddies.

 >PS - 48 hours too long for you?  Try the Sprint this
 >weekend.  The fastest paced CW contest you'll find.
 >Better yet, it's only 4 hours long! (Sorry, no 2 hour
 >category)

Well, maybe not officially, but even if you can only get
on (or tolerate it) for an hour that would be great!

See you Saturday night.
Ken K5KA