[CQ-Contest] Keeping a run frequency

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Mon Feb 24 18:41:35 EST 2003

3. Acknowledge their request but don't QSY. This may result in a
frequency or other type of fight, but I may end up winning that fight,
meaning that the frequency would remain mine.

My inclination would be to do either 1 or 3, but which would be best? If
the answer is 3, what method, or specific phrase, seems to convey the
message that you're not going to move while minimizing the upset of the
other station? All thoughts and comments appreciated.
Nat, WZ3AR

It is kinda like a bar fight.  If some pip squeak calls you out you probably
will do OK if you have to duke it out with him.  However, if some muscle
bound SOB gives you crap it may be better to hit the road and find a new
bar.....same is true with frequency fights.  You have to choose your fights
intelligently.  Don't try to screw with big multi-multis and big stations.
Even though you may be in the right, you will probably get an
ass-whipping(unless you are a big SOB too).

Bill K4XS