[CQ-Contest] SO2R

jukka.klemola at nokia.com jukka.klemola at nokia.com
Sat Jan 25 13:54:04 EST 2003

My thoughts in this:

We will have:
SOAB
SOAB(A)
SO2R

And
SO2R(A) !

And on top of this separate classes for allowing any number
of radios or transmitters, provided everything is controlled
and operated with a single individual.

To me, that is the most challenging of all single op classes.
Operator skills, complexity of the station and energy
consumption/fatigue creators are drawn to maximum with that one.

And at least theoretically, they should have the biggest scores.
That means they should have most fun.
But postcontest, they should be most tired.

The next, even more difficult issue, creation of valid logged
lines automatically without an individual touching the system
at all can be done in RTTY already today..

Contest organisers will define what is allowed and what not.
Participants should play according to rules and as they do,
fair play is reality.
Different contests will have different classes and different
scoring, that will lead in different individuals favoring
different events.
Maybe some contests will win in number of participants more
than others.

73,
Jukka, OH6LI