[CQ-Contest] Contesting from the basement

Jim Idelson k1ir at designet.com
Tue Jul 22 20:35:40 EDT 2003

We are about to have the basement remodeled. The contest shack will be moved
from the first floor to the basement. I am interested in how your basement
contest shack is setup. What do you like? What don't you like?

Here are a few questions I'm considering:
  -  Are your walls sheetrock or just framed or even less?
  -  How do you get your cables in from the outside - and how do you keep them
neat?
  -  What do you use for operating position furniture?
  -  What kind of floor covering should we install?
  -  What kind of lighting should we use?
  -  How many outlets do we really need [110 and 240]?
  -  What about heat/AC?

If this is interesting to you, and you'd like to look at the specifics, please
ask me for the floor plan and a shot of how the cables are coming in now.

Please copy me and the reflector with your suggestions - I suspect there is
probably sufficient interest for people to want to read your replies!

73,

Jim Idelson K1IR
email    k1ir at designet.com
web    http://www.designet.com/k1ir