[CQ-Contest] Rohn Going SK?

BobK8IA at aol.com BobK8IA at aol.com
Sat Jul 26 09:35:58 EDT 2003

In a message dated 7/26/2003 5:25:58 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
k8cc at comcast.net writes:

> So what's the scoop?  Who knows...however, I just can't conceive a world
> without Rohn tower.

Hi Dave;

I dont know if you noticed my yesterday post on this, but Rohn has only been
a bit player in the commercial/industrial scene for the past 10 yrs. Pirod
beat the pants off them in the bids for the 182 tower system for Michigan State
Police, and that was the project they allegedly needed to stay afloat. I know
this as I was a QA consultant for that project from 1995 until just before I
moved out here and was privvy to bid info etc.

There are several other stable manufacturers that make high quality guyed
tower in all "flavors", but they havent felt the need to cater to the ham market
by universally distributing or offering what hams would consider "reasonable"
pricing.

Take care.

73,Bob K8IA
Apache Junction, Arizona USA