[CQ-Contest] Packet - THE solution

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jun 2 23:00:22 EDT 2003

At 03:11 PM 6/2/2003 -0400, ww3s at zoominternet.net wrote:

>I may be wrong, but K3WW wins the assisted category just about every
>contest he enters yet he's never beat the unassisted guys, has he? I don't
>think the advantage is all its perceived to be. I think thats why Chas
>calls it "single op distracted"....

I'm not sure if Charles has done it, but I believe Jeff K1ZM won the
assisted category once, beating all the unassisted single ops.

>During a stateside contest, it gets flooded with hundreds of talk comments
>about it being a dx cluster, why all the stateside spots; if you don't
>spot the section during SS you get called all sorts of names.

I got quite a ration myself for posting mobile stations in the MARAC CW
contest (yes, I spotted them with their county).  One went so far as to say
that I had ruined 20 meter DXing for him that weekend.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC