[CQ-Contest] K6IF -> VE1JF; Chapter 2 Published

Dan Levin djl at andlev.com
Mon Mar 10 14:38:20 EST 2003

In 2002, I entered the WPX SSB contest in a focused way for the first time. My experience convinced me that WPX is one of the best contests around - high rate, lots of great DX, and 12 hours of sleep! I resolved to compete seriously in 2003 (my 2002 entry was compromised by 7 hours of off-time on Saturday night for our family passover Seder).  I asked around a bit, and VE1JF was kind enough to invite me to operate his fine station - a station that I felt was capable of delivering at least 10MM points and probably a top-ten in the world score.

I have posted the second chapter of this saga at http://www.k6if.com .  This chapter is mostly an overview of the VE1JF station.  I hope you find it entertaining and possibly useful. In chapter 3, I will get down to the nitty gritty of preparing my operating plan.

I am not writing this story to appease my ego, or to promote my effort.  I am writing it to entertain, and perhaps to educate those new contesters who might be interested.  If you find this offensive or objectionable, please let me know.  If I get enough negative commentary, I will cease and desist.

                          ***dan, K6IF