[CQ-Contest] Re:Diversity in SS

Dennis Ponsness wb0wao at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 4 01:38:41 EST 2003

You really don't know what the "real" class of the station was in the
Unlimited category - their power level could be A, B or Q!  For instance, I
plan on running SS Phone with the K2 and using the cluster, so I will be in
the Unlimited category even though I will be running QRP power levels.  I
will compare my final score against the other Q stations rather than the U
stations to see how well I really did.  I do realize that the assisted class
should be treated differently than unassisted, but it personally doesn't
make any sense to me to lump the Q, A and B class together for scoring.  If
they are unassisted, they do not compete against each other, so why would
assisted stations be any different?  Just my personal opinion.

73

Dennis - WB0WAO

EN84ij Iosco County, Michigan
K2 #3555

Charter Member - Michigan DX Association
www.qsl.net/wb0wao
:=)