[CQ-Contest] "Please copy my number"

K0HB K-Zero-HB at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 17 23:27:04 EST 2003

> > 1.)  How many times did we hear "please copy my number"?  I don't want
to be
> > too critical about anyone who uses this phrases, but I'd also like to
say
> > that extra wording tends to slow down the process.
>
> I think people learn this during Field Day.  I've never hear it used
outside of
> these two contests.

I think it proves that Sweepstakes still has a connection to it's roots,
and that habits are persistent and passed on to the next generation.
Sweepstakes was originally a traffic handling contest, and "Please copy my
message #1, Precedence ......" is standard traffic handler protocol.

Yes, it slows things down a tad a few times during the course of the test,
but maybe that's not all bad either if it feels good to the "old timer"
saying it.

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
  I found it!  http://tinyurl.com/upn9