[CQ-Contest] Out of band during SS and other violations

Barry w2up at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 18 12:03:58 EST 2003

Didn't Dave work for the FCC? Maybe that's just folklore...

Regarding the stamps, Ron, sorry to burst your bubble, but old stamps
are actually available at a DISCOUNT!  There are dealers (for
example, http://www.hgitner.com/postage.html) that sell them anywhere
from 2-10% below face value, depending on quantity bought.  The odd
denominations are viewed as a nuisance by businesses.  BTW, the NJDXA
has used them for years on 2-land buro shipment.  It was always kinda
neat to get a buro envelope like that (back in the days when I got
individual envelopes rather than boxes of cards sent via UPS, hi)
73,
Barry W2UP