[CQ-Contest] Out of band during SS and other violations

Ron Notarius WN3VAW wn3vaw at fyi.net
Mon Nov 17 22:43:21 EST 2003

Ah yes, Popkin grams.  Anyone (in the US, of course) who strays within 5 kHz
of a band edge during a contest is in danger of receiving one of the more
unusual OO notices in existance.  I wonder sometimes how many he makes up in
advance; must have a stack for each frequency he monitors...

But what's he going to do when he runs out of envelopes from his old
business and circa-1969-75 era mint US postage stamps?  (Wonder how many
stamp collectors would scream if they knew what he was using on his
envelopes... what did he do, buy out his local post office of all their old
stock?)

73, ron wn3vaw

"People hear what they want to hear,
And Disregard the Rest..."