[CQ-Contest] "Please copy my number"

Alan C. Zack k7acz at cox.net
Wed Nov 19 02:10:12 EST 2003

I also like it when some military controllers ask: "Say type
aircraft", and we answer with HU25.  (We tell the civilian controllers
"Falcon Jet").  We are then asked what type of helicopter is a HU25.
Then we get to tell them a HU25 is a Falcon Jet whose ceiling at Mach
.855 is 42,000 feet and it flies at 350 knots at sea level and 380
knots at 20,000 feet.  Seems they seem to think all the Coast Guard
flies is helos and a HU25 must be a Huey or something.
73

Russell Hill wrote:

> In aviation, there is the tiresome, to me, comment from traffic controllers
> who cannot see a particular portion of a landing site, that "Landing will be
> at your own risk."  Funny, I always feel that I am at risk in every landing
> I make!
>
> Not contest, I know, but it seems every culture has things said which are
> not particularly useful, but are, simply, 'cultural'.  "Roger that" also
> comes to mind.
>
> 73, Rusty
> NA5TR

                                     Alan Zack
                     Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
                         Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
          Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
                               SEMPER PARATUS