[CQ-Contest] "Slinky Beverage"

Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO) frugoli at worldlinkisp.com
Wed Nov 19 08:09:07 EST 2003

Hello fellow contesters,

I'd like to put up a short beverage for CQWW CW in a couple of weeks.  I have a 1/2 acre suburban lot, and really need to cram a NE recieve antenna into about 75 feet.  I can't seem to find any specifics online about building a slinky beverage.  I've found several "theory" articles, but nothing that details how much to stretch the slinky, what the termination resistence should be or how to best feed it.  I'm interested in using a slinky beverage because I have about 5 slinkies in a box in th garage from when I was planning to do this project about 5 years ago at another QTH.

Any information folks have would be great, including "just listen on the vertical because that's not enough room to do much good".

Thanks.

73 de Al, KE1FO