[CQ-Contest] new to contesting

K4RO Kirk Pickering k4ro at k4ro.net
Thu Nov 20 19:47:31 EST 2003

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 08:39:34AM -0500, Hanlon, Steve wrote:
> Any must read material out there for the budding contester?

I would suggest the following reading material:

- Every issue of the National Contest Journal, starting
  with number 1.  Available on CD-ROM from ARRL.

- The CQ-Contest archives, starting at the beginning.
  Available online at:  http://lists.contesting.com/_cq-contest/

That should keep you busy for a while. :-)

Welcome to Contesting, the realm of Serious Radio Fun.
I remember also wishing that I had discovered contesting
earlier, but trust me, it's never too late to start.
January will mark my tenth year in the sport at age 41.
I'm still a relative newcomer to contesting, and it just
keeps getting more interesting, more intense, and most of
all, more fun.  Good to have you with us.

73

-Kirk  K4RO