[CQ-Contest] SS KP4 et all

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mb.sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 25 21:33:27 EST 2003

Good thing the operation of WP3R is private and not a democracy!

The problem with success is someone always tries to shoot you down.

Go get 'em Rich, and let loose the dogs of war!

Funny, what would baseball be like if we hadn't had Ruth, DiMaggio or Aaron
pushing the envelope, or hockey without Wayne and Mario, basketball without
Jordan or football without Marino, Heisman or Favre? Having someone at the
top of his game is good: look at how hard K4XS and K5TR compete, or how
VE4GV's record of success in A has helped push that class forward.

It's also very telling that K4XS and K5TR aren't blaming Rich but instead
are focusing their efforts on where it counts: themselves. And that the
people who are making the most noise admit to not finishing the contest
themselves, admit, essentially, to living in a glass house...

Anyone, with enough heart, can mount a WP3R-like operation. Heck, if you're
really creative, you won't even have to build yourself a station, fill the
generator yourself and sleep under the operating desk. If you're not willing
to do so, that's your problem and nobody else's.

73, kelly
ve4xt