[CQ-Contest] Contesting Computer--RFI issue

kazeringue w4kaz at arrl.net
Thu Nov 27 08:38:20 EST 2003

Here's a variation on John's theme.

Instead of performing surgery on a new computer every 18 months(for
those inclined to replace hardware frequently), I noticed that these
filters are also available in female varieties.

Seems to me that it might be easier to modify the power cord than the
computer.

I don't know that the filter will be as effective outside the metal
casing of the power supply, but if it works it will have the added
benefit of being "portable", and something that would fit easily into a
"go kit".

Looks like the correct sizes are available(Digikey).

Did I miss something?

Thanks John.

73,
W4KAZ