[CQ-Contest] 15m Broadcast QRN Today

nf4a nf4a at knology.net
Mon Oct 6 19:24:33 EDT 2003

did some additonal research...21555 is the freq used for the "creole"
language service of the VOA....I talked with Chuck Skolaut at the ARRL's
Intruder Watch office and he is going to look into it.

Charlie NF4A

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 22:12:19 -0500, "Robert Pack (NX5M)" <nx5m at txcyber.com>
wrote :

> I dialed around 15m for a few minutes today to work some of the CA guys.
> Many places across the band I was getting some cruddy noise which I
figured was a broadcast station with a runny nose.  I finally was able to
find the frequency of the broadcast causing the qrm on 21555.
> The signal would disappear for a few seconds, then an s7 carrier would
appear and within a few seconds the music would begin to play while the s-
meter went to s9+40.  After a minute or so the transmission would stop and
then recycle as explained above.
> Did anyone else notice this?  It is something that needs to go away
because much of the qrm was as high as s6 in OUR band.