Correction: Re: [CQ-Contest] Question about CQWW rules

Mike Gilmer - N2MG n2mg at contesting.com
Wed Oct 22 06:39:26 EDT 2003

I wrote:

++++++++++++++
> If N2MG operates at KC1XX M/M during 2003 CQWW SSB,
> N2MG cannot, using his own call (N2MG), work stations
> from KC1XX during 2003 CQWW SSB.
++++++++++++++

True in ARRL
Not true in CQWW

CQWW apparently allows me, as in this example, to use
N2MG while at KC1XX as long as I do so in a way that
does NOT help KC1XX's operation: calling CQ as N2MG
then switching to KC1XX when a JT1 calls in is NOT
allowed.

The following is still true (and addresses the
original question about going home from a multi-op and
operating the contest):

> N2MG can go home (this was the thread guys!) during
> the CQWW SSB and use the call N2MG and work
> stations, and turn in a log and have it count as a
> real log.

See, had *I* addressed ONLY the original question, I
would not be in trouble now!

Mike N2MG