[CQ-Contest] Aren't M/Ms annoying?

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 27 12:19:58 EST 2003

W2UP wrote :

<Not only do they hog the band edges all weekend, but they move
<stations to another band when you want to work them!

  I can understand Barry's frustration but it's unfair to blame only the M/M's for hogging band edges and moving stations. I heard plenty of well known calls this weekend -- that were not M/M -- on the band edges and prime frequencies lower in the band. These guys have spend time and $$ to competitive enough to fight it out for these prime freguencies so they deserve them...

  I think the real problem is people just need to use proper contest etiquitte and not ask stations to move when they are in the middle of a run. Personally,
I find that packet spotting and the pileups that it creates to be more annoying.

 M/M offers many advantages such as training new contest operators and offering a place to operate for those with small stations to feel like a "big gun" for the weekend .

                                73  Jeff  KU8E