[CQ-Contest] Call me a prude

Tree tree at kkn.net
Wed Sep 3 23:53:28 EDT 2003

K4JRB writes:

> Sometimes it is not prudent to start with their call ( D44TD this is
> K4JRB) but its the only way I know to stop the B4.

I am not sure why it wouldn't be prudent to do that.

Whenever I am a DX station running split on phone, I really appreciate
it when people say my callsign.  It gives me confidence that they are
indeed working me.

Some OFs make a habit of doing that all of the time (N6RO comes to mind).
Yes, it does take an extra couple of seconds, but it sure feels nice knowing
for sure that he was coming back to you and not someone else parked just a
sharp filters distance away.

73 Tree N6TR
tree at kkn.net

PS: No, I couldn't finish this message without reminding people of the
7 day sprint log submission deadline...  so there!!