[CQ-Contest] Partial Exchanges

Bill Turner wrt at dslextreme.com
Fri Sep 5 08:40:11 EDT 2003

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 12:26:21 -0400 (EST), Dan Levin <djl at andlev.com>
wrote:

>It seems pretty clear to me that the exchange must
>be communicated in its entirety, even if part of it
>is "pro-forma."  I won't log a contact for which I
>don't get a complete exchange.  Am I just being
>a stickler for the rules, a hard headed conservative?

I'd like to see rules revised to require a "true" signal report.  Logs
with endless 59 or 599 (sent) exchanges would be DQ'd.  I suppose some
evil person could write a program which generates random reports, but
at least the guy on the receiving end would have to copy what was
actually sent, not just what he knows is coming.

--
73, Bill W7TI