[CQ-Contest] LZ DX Contest 2002 results & NEW RULES 2003

Valeri Stefanov wally at el-soft.com
Tue Sep 9 23:26:55 EDT 2003

Hi Bruce,

I am sorry for what happened with your score and I have a LOOONG discussion
with the Contest Managers LZ1BJ and LZ1FW about the way they are checking
scores.
To make it short :

1. Only QSOs with stations who have worked at least two other participants
in the contest have been counted as valid. ( This means all unique QSOs from
your log have been removed ).

2. If the station you worked have received with mistakes the exchange you
have transmitted to him then QSO is removed from his and YOUR log !?!?!? - I
told them this is insane, but they insisted it should be this way at least
for 2002 results.
I have had very "rough" talk with them on this "innovation" and I have been
told in 2003 contest unique QSOs and those in which one has transmitted and
received the exchange correctly will not be removed from the log.

3. All QSOs which have more than 10min difference in the logs of the two
participants have also been removed ( I think it is correct approach).

So, after having my explanations I hope you could explain for yourself why
your score has been reduced with abt 40 %.
I guess your unique QSOs have been quite numerous or there were too many
guys who received your exchange with mistakes.

I appologize for the way you have been treated by the Contest Managers on
behalf of LZ hams and I hope managers will listen to my suggestions for 2003
contest. I also hope upon my advice they will soon include an annex to 2003
rules in which to explain how exactly the scores will be checked in 2003.

I am also forwarding your comments to LZ1BJ and if you want you may also
contact him directly at lz1bj at yahoo.com

73s and see you possibly in WAE SSB this weekend from LZ9W.

de Wally LZ2CJ ( LZ8T)