[CQ-Contest] unique contacts and logging errors

Mike Gilmer - N2MG n2mg at contesting.com
Wed Sep 10 12:54:16 EDT 2003

I'm not sure if this was an attempt to lump the
removal of uniques in with log checking in general...

To me there's a big difference.  Most log checking
that I have "endured"  assumes one is innocent
(correct) until proven guilty (incorrect).  (As such,
it is proper for it to drill as deep as possible into
the logs looking for errors.)  Summary removal of
uniques is quite the opposite.  Even though the
negative effects are felt greatest by those operating
at "rare" QTHs, I would not care to operate such a
contest, even from stateside.

Mike N2MG

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 05:05:45 -0700, mike l dormann wrote:

> 1) unique contacts
> i find throwing out unique contacts not a good thing,
> I'm sure all of us
> hard core contest types have done an Oceania dx
contest
> as 3D2/W7DRA or
> some other dx venture and found guys coming out of the
> woodwork to
> contact us

<snip>