[CQ-Contest] Files for K9TM's database

David A. Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Wed Sep 10 18:51:27 EDT 2003

At 02:13 AM 9/10/03 +0000, VR2BrettGraham wrote:
>Anybody know if K9TM can deal with logs that we force our logging programs
>to spit out in Cabrillo, even if those logging programs don't understand
>Cabrillo for that particular contest, or no template for Cabrillo has been
>defined for?
>
>I find I have far fewer logs to contribute now that Cabrillo is mandated &
>don't want to waste K9TM's time by sending stuff that might be of no use
>to begin with.

According to the Cabrillo standard, the callsign field is the fifth field
in the line:

freq mode date time callsign sentexchange rcvdexchange

The files simply need to be ASCII, with fields separated by spaces.  Tim's
file parser simply looks for the callsign field, which the fifth.  The
column position is not important.

Tim commented to me the other day that he has not received many
logs.  Your's truly is amoung the delinquent, so we all ought to get going
and send him our files.  The more files received, the better the data will be.

73,

Dave/K8CC